logo
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12

Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my little spot on the world wide web, a place that I hope to let you into my world behind the lens. I have fallen head over heels in love with photography. I see it everywhere I go. My mind is always swirling and taking notes. It has become part of who I am. I want to make time stop through my images. Capture the things we just might otherwise forget.

March 15, 2011

Lovin' love - {Lawrence, KS engagement photographer}

Neither of them were looking for a relationship, I love that. Sara was working, raising her daughter and keeping up with all her activities. The same for Jay. But Jay had some neighbors who saw something in both of them and insisted that they meet. Sara taught their daughter in Sunday school and they wouldn't give up that the two should meet. Sara and Jay finally caved and well, the rest is history. Two years of dating and now a wedding in the fall! The funny part, the wedding date happens to fall on the match-making neighbors anniversary. That too was unplanned.

This engagement isn't just the brining together of two people but five. A new family. So, of course they were all part of the session. It only make sense right?


I have many more family photos but I kept going back to this one.
They weren't "ready" or expecting it and that is the very reason I love it.
Rawr.

I have to say something about these three.
They were adorable.
While I was just shooting Jay and Sara, they were off teasing each other, hanging out and laughing. Sara's daughter hasn't had siblings and I have no doubt these two will fill that role for her!


Sara...she is all grown up!
Stunning!!

Thank you so much for asking me to capture this time in your lives. Your love and admiration for each other is so evident. I am so happy for you all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

so... since i am highly interested in photography and an old photography teacher suggested i do this, i look up local photographers work online to see how they construct their pieces. i started looking at these photos and i felt the need to comment. 1-because the landscape reminds me of the yard around the house i stayed in, in france and 2- i know the son in these photographs. i applaud ms. amy dye for having a wonderful setting and congratulate the happy couple!

Post a Comment