logo
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12

Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my little spot on the world wide web, a place that I hope to let you into my world behind the lens. I have fallen head over heels in love with photography. I see it everywhere I go. My mind is always swirling and taking notes. It has become part of who I am. I want to make time stop through my images. Capture the things we just might otherwise forget.

December 15, 2009

I ♥ faces; Pets only

I am putting a photo up at I ♥ faces again this week. This week they are featuring pets!

I sat on this one for awhile as I have so many different cute pets to choose from and some that might be a better "entry" than this. But I couldn't stay away from posting a picture of my sweet, sweet Dixee. She passed away this August and ugh...it still makes my heart heavy. She was my first baby girl...she was with me through cross country moves, a growing family, a wounded heart and much more. But she remained my loyal companion through it all. She slowly took a back seat year after year as my life got busier and busier with the kids and the rush that goes with it all. But she never complained and loved the girls as much as a dog could. This picture drew me in because it is just her! I can almost guarantee that there is a tennis ball at my feet as I took this picture, a plea to play ball with her. She loved that game, always.

So now that I have tears streaming down my face, I love and miss you Dixee!

Now go and check out some other cute pets!





9 comments:

Ms. Diva said...

What a bautiful dog! Your picture is stunning!

Dot O said...

Now you have me crying - as I look into her eyes and at her graying muzzle I see my almost 12-year-old beagle, Freckles, who is beginning to fail. So hard to watch our trusted companions age but what a beautiful way to capture them for our eyes to gaze upon them when we need it.

I am so sorry for your loss of Dixee. This is a beauty of a photo to remember her by.

gma said...

So sweet! I was going to post a pic of "kitty" that passed away a couple months ago but decided to go a different way. All your photos are wonderful!!

Kate - k8tography said...

Dixee is beautiful. I love this photo and can see why you do as well. I am so sorry about her passing, I know exactly how you feel, our 15 year old German Shepherd/Kelpie, Kiah, died two years ago and I miss her so so much. I loved that girl with all of my heart. Many hugs to you.

e miller photography-Salem Oregon Photography said...

I love that She's smiling! I am sorry she passed.

Lynn said...

What a beautiful photo of Dixee! So sorry she's no longer with you...

crsmith said...

what a sweet remembrance & lovely shot!

JRB Photography said...

Great light! Love his face!

Linds said...

Great pic! And the story made me cry!!! My Toby is my first 'child' and I dread the day that he will no longer be with us :(

Post a Comment