logo
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12

Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my little spot on the world wide web, a place that I hope to let you into my world behind the lens. I have fallen head over heels in love with photography. I see it everywhere I go. My mind is always swirling and taking notes. It has become part of who I am. I want to make time stop through my images. Capture the things we just might otherwise forget.

January 14, 2010

Hello?




NEGLECT!! No new posts since the start of 2010? What is wrong with me? If there really are people that read this blog I have failed for the first two weeks of this new year.

Well, to be honest, I have still been catching my breath from Christmas. I have been doing lots of exciting things that I am sure you all would have love to hear about. Taking down decorations, cleaning, laundry, shuffling kids back to school, an out of town gymnastics meet and taking dogs to the vet. Oh yes, the four legged children gave us quite a run last week. We have two dogs (along with two cats, two frogs and a beta fish) Petey who is a dachshund and Piper our 5 month old yellow lab. Last Thursday, day one of two the kids were out of school due to snow, our dogs thought it was their turn for some attention. Petey must have gotten into something, which I hate to say I think was a rabbit, that made him sick. I am talking the sick out of both ends no control kind of sick. Ummm, did I mention I have been doing some cleaning. Yeah. Round 1 to the vet, Petey got a shot and some medicine to get him back under control and I am happy to report he is back to himself.
Piper on the other hand, was chasing after my outdoor cats who were currently indoor because it was too dang cold for them outside and fell between the mattress and our bed frame. Outcome: a broken leg. Yes, a broken leg. Round 2 to the vet, the very same day, Piper underwent a surgery to fix a spiral fracture in her back right leg. {I cried all the way home.} 90% because I felt so bad for her and 10% due to the bill we were going to get. Did I mention that we got her for free this fall? As Derek continues to say "there is no such thing as a free dog!" She of course is worth every penny but it is always a tough one. She was able to come home on Saturday with screws sticking out of her leg, our very own robo-dog, and very strict recovery instructions. No running, no jumping, pretty much bed rest for 10-12 weeks. Did you read the part that she is a 5 month old lab puppy? Confine? All day? 3 months? Seriously? Well, I can't say we have followed that too strictly. She hops around on three legs quite well and I carry her upstairs when needed. Don't get me wrong I am doing my best but we are all home and it is pure torture on her to sit and look at us in her kennel. She can't quite get comfortable in there that and the rods sticking out her legs have gotten caught on the kennel. She is a pup and is handling it amazingly well which made it easier on me. I think she will recover quickly and they say you will never even know this had happened.

So I found it appropriate to leave you with some pictures of Piper today. She is a cute, sweet, spunky little girl and we love her dearly. We pray for quick healing!

On a business note. I just got a facebook business page going and I am working on my website, in all my spare time. Might take me a little bit to get that one going. I am going to be doing some mini-sessions for Valentines Day and will post more on that next!

Hope your new year has gotten off to a good start!

Had to start with a couple of her when she really was a itty bitty puppy. Oh, make you melt.
We had a ton of snow and Piper was loving playing in it! She dives her nose down in it.


Bed rest for this puppy?
This one flat makes me laugh. Those lips.
Not the best picture but here is her post surgery leg. She had a rod put in her leg and now has screws that are attached to the rod and sticking out on each side. She will have to keep these in for 10-12 weeks. Joy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to 2010 - HA!

Those pictures are great! You are going to shake up the photography world...

Oh, and yes, somebody reads your blog! :-)

Lisa said...

Aww...so cute!

you are blessed to have your husband at home working. we have a strange work set-up here and it does confuse everyone.

i was laughing at your 2 year old getting her boots wet...so typical!

Post a Comment