logo
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12

Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my little spot on the world wide web, a place that I hope to let you into my world behind the lens. I have fallen head over heels in love with photography. I see it everywhere I go. My mind is always swirling and taking notes. It has become part of who I am. I want to make time stop through my images. Capture the things we just might otherwise forget.

September 11, 2010

Colorado trip - day one

We packed lots into our first day that is for sure. We hadn't made the entire drive the night before so we still had a couple of hours of driving before reaching our destination. We had decided that we would head up to Pikes Peak. That is something that none of us had done and we thought 'why not?'. Remind me of this later please....

After a hour drive up a mountain, which of course included lots of sharp turns and a 2ft shoulder protecting you from driving off the road, we made it to the top. Harper had fallen asleep at this point and the rest of us were mildly green from the great drive. The views were pretty amazing the entire drive though.

It was COLD up there! As in low 40's and windy cold...
Emme's face says it all. Crack up.
Maybe we should have ridden this!

While at the summit, Josie turned very pale and says, "I feel like I am going to pass out". Me, being totally dizzy myself, feel her pain and we headed back down quickly. We had to stop for a brake check on the way down so we got out again. But her face truly says it all.
At least she had her color back!
These two scored some stuffed animals at the summit gift shop.
A mountain bear and a mountain 'tiger' as they say.
Thanks grandpa Bob!

Yep, Derek's dad aka grandpa Bob, met us in Colorado Springs and joined us.
The girls loved it, I don't think he minded too much either.
Next up seven falls.

Wait! That just might be a genuine smile on Josie! Beautiful seven falls behind her.
I think Emme and Harper enjoyed this little guy more than the view.
He of course was spoiled and totally tame. One of the workers was feeding him.
I snapped this as he came to my feet to beg for a treat.
Gorgeous views all around!
My three mutts
I can't say that I am afraid of heights but I will say that I am afraid of steep stairs with small children. If there was a fall it would not be good! I mean really not good, and my girls were trying to skip their way up these things not even concerned about tripping on their own feet.
Stopping for a quick pic and just maybe for me to catch my breath.
At the start of a trail at the top.
We didn't venture far, but it was just so peaceful and pretty up there.
Emme was 'reading' the nature trail signs.
Did I mention these crazy girls were not even phased by this haul?
Not even this crazy ornery munchkin.
It made for a pretty long day though, I was beat.
More to come!

1 comments:

Allyson C. said...

oh, yes....seven falls. i vividly remember our family trip there last year around this same time. imagine all three of our kiddos (gunnar had to be carried the entire way, as he was only 18 months old)....and a storm rolled in as we got to the top. so, we had to descend the bazillion stairs in the rain....slippery, wet, scary stairs. they had closed by the time we made it back down to the bottom due to the lightening. good times....good times....

Post a Comment