logo
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12

Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my little spot on the world wide web, a place that I hope to let you into my world behind the lens. I have fallen head over heels in love with photography. I see it everywhere I go. My mind is always swirling and taking notes. It has become part of who I am. I want to make time stop through my images. Capture the things we just might otherwise forget.

September 16, 2010

Colorado trip - day two


On our second day in Colorado we decided to make a day of the Royal Gorge. I had been white water rafting out this way in the 90's but hadn't ever been in the park. The park is a bit of a time warp but you cannot deny the natural beauty . We headed in and went straight over the bridge...wait, no we hit up the carousel first, then the bridge.

Derek's palms might have sweat a little (he is not a fan of heights) but not any of my girls.
No big deal.
It is a long way down folks. The river looks like a tiny pencil drawn line.





Emme picked some wildflowers...shhh don't tell. I am sure this is discouraged
I didn't see it, honest.
I was just the recipient of the sweet gesture.


We trekked around for quite awhile then decided we would take the cable car back over the gorge vs. walking back across the bridge.
It was quite a haul up and around so we enjoyed the ride back over.
This is our view out the cable car
gorgeous view of the bridge
Josie taking in the view
Emme wanted to pose for me. Note her hands. Silly girl.
But this is what we did next...we went down into the gorge on this incline railway.
I had no idea what to expect. It was very cool!
Harper hanging on..going down!

I think the view from down here was spectacular.
That tiny line in the sky is the bridge.
Wow!
See that pipeline off to the right? It is made of redwood.
That is what was carried water from the river into Canon City, until the mid 70's.
Grandpa Bob lived in Canon City during this time and had a part in building the
system that replaced it.
The sun was just peaking through.
So Jo got serious for me.
In all the fun that was had that day and all the things we saw
what do my kids gravitate to?
Can I have a quarter mom?
Ummm, no, I am still out from the last gum ball machine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment