logo
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12

Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my little spot on the world wide web, a place that I hope to let you into my world behind the lens. I have fallen head over heels in love with photography. I see it everywhere I go. My mind is always swirling and taking notes. It has become part of who I am. I want to make time stop through my images. Capture the things we just might otherwise forget.

September 22, 2010

Last of the Colorado vacation - Day 3


Day 3 of our trip to Colorado was the day our girls were looking forward to the most. We had made arrangements to head over to a ranch and go horseback riding. It was about an hour and a half drive but we had zero problems getting everyone up and going that morning! We watched the temp drop as we climbed in elevation but honestly, it was a picture perfect day.

As we pulled up to the ranch (who does not have a website or I would share it here) they were cleaning up from a party the night before. The owner of the ranch was getting married the next day so they had a big bash with friends and family. Evidence was everywhere that they had a wonderful time! Our guides admitted to being a little "slower" on this morning but they didn't show it at all.

There were dogs everywhere, I am talking something like 20. All different breeds and all of them totally laid back and just chillin'. Two of them joined up on our ride, what a big playground they have to romp on each day! We met our horses, got quickly acquainted and headed out. The horses were great and it was evident the confidence the guides have in them. My girls hadn't ever ridden a horse on their own (think pony rides at the fair), but you wouldn't ever have known it. No one showed any concern...so off we went! I do have to say it was a little tough to ride a horse and take photos, I did my best!

They were so excited for this day!

Harper and daddy were the first ones up and ready to roll!
She was a total natural, she was up in the front of the pack most of the ride.
Bringing up the rear.
Emme was ready to trot shortly after this & she did!
What fun is horseback riding if you don't go a little "faster"!

Although the horses pretty nautrally just followed each other our guides encouraged us to do and go as we desired. If we wanted to get off the path or trot, whatever, they allowed it.

It was such a beautiful day.
The blue skies and puffy clouds almost look fake.
This was the top or the turn around of our ride.
The view was breathtaking.
Josh, one of our guides snapped this for us!
We saw some elk moments after this...
It is such therapy to be in this environment.
crossing through a creek
Yes, she really is asleep. How in the world do you fall asleep while horseback riding?
Like I said though relaxing & therapeutic!
Oh & it was a two hour ride.

She too was such a natural and was not even slightly intimidated.
Our awesome guides.
They were so laid back, it was just like going for a
ride with friends.

A model moment when done riding.
On the drive over to the ranch I had seen this little spot that was yelling at me to stop.
This happens alot but I don't always listen. More often no one wants to be in front of the camera for me. But on the drive back home I asked if we could just pull over to the side of the road and Emme was a willing subject. A cute one at that...
Old (but colorful) buildings, mountains, wild flowers.
See what I mean,
it was literally yelling at me to stop!

What an incredible day. We went over to Breckinridge for lunch then headed back to Canon City in time to watch football. It was a day we will not forget for a long time. My girls expectations of horseback riding are forever ruined.

0 comments:

Post a Comment