logo
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12

Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my little spot on the world wide web, a place that I hope to let you into my world behind the lens. I have fallen head over heels in love with photography. I see it everywhere I go. My mind is always swirling and taking notes. It has become part of who I am. I want to make time stop through my images. Capture the things we just might otherwise forget.

September 30, 2010

Shelby + Lisa = Engaged! - {Lawrence, KS- engagement photographer}

My title should probably read, Shelby + Lisa + Bentley = Family. How could I have left him out? Oh, but we didn't. He was right with us the whole time & not too happy if he wasn't included in the photo.

Newly engaged. Sigh. They met as many couples do these days, online. I will date myself now, as that was not an option in my prime dating days. Maybe a few personals in the paper (ewww) but no real online presence like there is now. A first date to El Mezcal, a yummy Mexican restaurant in town, & the rest is history. They could not have been any cuter. So happy together and so excited to be getting married. I got an email from Lisa just a few days (maybe a week or so) after the proposal and we had engagement photos planned. A check mark on the long list of wedding planning. Although they are planning a small destination wedding. Smart, very smart.

We decided on a rural location and ended up at an apple orchard not too far out of town. Sadly their crop has a fungus this year so no apples. But the scenery was just as beautiful. The owners couldn't have been nicer to us. They allowed us to roam all over their beautiful property (in a golf cart even!)

I am so happy to have met you both - even though Lisa, we sorta met in our past.- Yes, Lisa figured out she use to be our mail carrier. How funny is that? You better be sharing photos of your fabulous wedding!

Front & center where he probably belongs

In the middle of the orchard

How funny is he?
After an outfit change, we drove up to the top of the property.
It was a gorgeous spot for the sunset.


Hawaii bound in May for the wedding!



Seriously?

This was the very last shot.
We were already in the cars, it was almost totally dark & I made them stop for one more
I like the feel...

0 comments:

Post a Comment