logo
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12

Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my little spot on the world wide web, a place that I hope to let you into my world behind the lens. I have fallen head over heels in love with photography. I see it everywhere I go. My mind is always swirling and taking notes. It has become part of who I am. I want to make time stop through my images. Capture the things we just might otherwise forget.

February 25, 2010

My puppy dogs {Lawrence, KS pet photographer}




Although it is just Thursday it is the start of the weekend for us around here. Kids are out of school today and tomorrow (parent teacher conferences), a nice little break. Just wish it was warm outside so we could be out and enjoy our time at home instead of being trapped inside. Although we won't really be trapped inside, it is a busy weekend. PTC, a night in Kansas City, gymnastics meet among other things to keep us on the go!

So as we jump into the weekend I wanted to post a few pics of the other "children" in our home. You have met Piper HERE. Well, she is a new pup this week! She got her dreadful pins removed from her leg on Monday! YIPEE!!! This was only after 6 weeks and the vet had prepared me for 12. Being a pup still made for a quick healer and we are happy with that! She also got spade and a hernia fixed. CHA CHING! Oh add to the bill the fact that she ate a hole in my Uggs last week. Not happy!!!! Guess I will have to get new ones, might have to watch for end of season sales. She is a little slow but healing.

Now let me introduce you to Petey. Oh Petey. Neither Derek or I had ever been the owner of a small dog until Mr. Pete. Hate to admit but he was a totally spontaneous purchase too. We went out one morning for new dog collars (for our two big dogs who are sadly not with us anymore) and came home with collars and a dachshund. Makes sense doesn't it? Perfect sense. At the time Josie was 4, Emme was 12 weeks old and we had two other dogs, why not add some more craziness! Let me start by saying dachshund's aren't easy to potty train! He can't stand to be cold, wet, hot or much else unless it is in your warm comfy lap. A wimp, but a lovable one! He takes abuse from the girls and now they fight over who gets to sleep with him at night. Rough life buddy.

I snapped these pictures of them both just yesterday. Petey isn't very photogenic and I have to say these are the my favorite pictures I have ever gotten of him. Dogs can be difficult. Piper is especially hard because the minute you get down on her level to get a good shot she is on top of you. Just another fun challenge!

Have a good weekend!






This picture cracks me up, one-eyed puppy Piper
Chewing our ball up instead of fetching...and me letting her so I can get some pictures.
We will work on that soon, she of course is a natural.

0 comments:

Post a Comment