logo
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 10 Slideshow Image 11 Slideshow Image 12

Pages

Welcome

Welcome to my little spot on the world wide web, a place that I hope to let you into my world behind the lens. I have fallen head over heels in love with photography. I see it everywhere I go. My mind is always swirling and taking notes. It has become part of who I am. I want to make time stop through my images. Capture the things we just might otherwise forget.

February 2, 2011

Weems family - {Perry, KS family photographer}

Back in early January I was thinking that we had been pretty blessed with a fairly mild winter thus far. I shot this session in that time frame, it was probably in the high 40's which was very bearable! I know that as I type this we have about 10" of snow on the ground and it is currently 13 degrees out. I think 40 would feel balmy! It doesn't help that I just got back from Mexico, warm, sunny, sand between my toes, ahhhh... Our mild winter is over but thank goodness the groundhog is saying spring is around the corner, because I need it!

I met this family thanks to one very special little girl, Violet. Meet her dear god-parents. Violet touched so many, many people in her short time here on earth and she continues to daily. Lives forever changed.

Men are generally the least excited to get photos taken and I can't say Mark was any different than the rest of them. I can tell you however, he never complained and I could tell he was there for one reason, his family. Capturing memories. We just never know what tomorrow might hand us.

One of two new tattoos.
His son's initial, LOVE it!
This guy on the other hand didn't mind my camera one bit!
Having some fun sneaking up on dad!
So, so sweet.

I love the emotion in this photo...
The other arm...
in honor of Violet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment